Team Win strives to provide a quality product. However, it is your decision to install our software on your device. Team Win takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing or using TWRP.
Support Status: Current
Maintainer: freak07, Captain_Throwback
Code Name: ime
- Updates may break decrypt in TWRP
- MTP is working starting with Release 3.2.3-1
- Starting with 3.2.3-4 booting TWRP won´t mount system RW, therefore no longer impacting OTA functionality by solely booting TWRP
- Release 3.2.3-2 supports HTC´s firmware 1.30.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st September 2018
- Release 3.2.3-3 supports HTC´s firmware 1.53.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st December 2018
- Release 3.2.3-4 supports HTC´s firmware 1.53.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st December 2018
- Release 3.2.3-5 supports HTC´s firmware 1.57.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st January 2019
- Release 3.3.0-0 supports HTC´s firmware 1.62.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st February 2019
- Release 3.3.0-1 supports HTC´s firmware 1.68.xxx.y with security patch state of 1st April 2019
- Stock ROM Decryption on Pie updates is unsupported in TWRP
- GSI Decryption is fully supported with release 3.5.0\_9-0
Current and past versions of TWRP can be found at one of the mirrors below:
If you already have TWRP installed:
Download the latest image or zip and install the file using TWRP. Directly afterwards flash Magisk zip.
If you do not already have TWRP installed:
Download both the img and the zip. Make sure you download the image that matches your current firmware´s security patch date before booting it!
- As of HTC´s Software Update 1.30.xxx.y the security patch state changed to 1st September 2018
- As of HTC´s Software Update 1.53.xxx.y the security patch state changed to 1st December 2018
- As of HTC´s Software Update 1.57.xxx.y the security patch state changed to 1st January 2019
- As of HTC´s Software Update 1.62.xxx.y the security patch state changed to 1st February 2019
- As of HTC´s Software Update 1.68.xxx.y the security patch state changed to 1st April 2019
To confirm which version to boot, take a look at the XDA thread! All the needed information is usually available there.
You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed.
- Power off your device completely.
- Hold power button until device vibrates, when vibration kicks in let go of the power button and hit immediately volume down button. Your device should now be in the bootloader.
- Boot now to download mode.
- Connect the device to your PC </ol>
Open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:
fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img
This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. You may use adb to push the zip onto your device:
adb push path/to/twrp.zip /
Go to install, browse to the zip and install the zip. The zip will install TWRP to both boot slots.
As of TWRP 3.3.0-0, TWRP can also be flashed permanently via the "Install Recovery Ramdisk" option inside a temporarily booted TWRP, which can be choosen when selecting an .img file!
Please note: If you were previously rooted and want to keep your device rooted or want to root, you now have to flash the root.zip.
Merge "ime: cleanup device tree" into android-8.1
- Captain Throwback
ime: cleanup device tree Change-Id: Ibadaa08aeec1754f8e40bc4f01eb2d0d63506b4a
Merge "load_modules: check for kernel exfat support" into android-8.1
- Captain Throwback
load_modules: check for kernel exfat support If kernel already supports exfat, then there's no need to attempt loading texfat module Change-Id: Ie29346f012841ab0565a0f826cf7e1cadf387a7f
Merge "Add script to load modules from vendor" into android-8.1