Team Win strives to provide a quality product. However, it is your decision to install our software on your device. Team Win takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing or using TWRP.
Support Status: Current
Code Name: spinel
Download the Official TWRP App (root required):
Install the app and open it. Agree to the Terms. Select TWRP Flash. Select your device from the device list (spinel) and choose a version. The file will download to your Downloads folder. Browse to and select the file. Tap on Flash to Recovery. Find out more about the app here.
Current and past versions of TWRP can be found at one of the mirrors below:
Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images... button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Download the platform-tools as per your operating system.
Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the simple FWUL adb/fastboot ISO or the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed
On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in fastboot mode.
Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your platform-tools. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.
- A copy of the factory ROM for the device, including the scatter file
- A proper MTK Flash Tool version for the chipset of this device (mt6761)
- Downloaded and installed the VCOM driver for MTK devices
- Download the latest image file (.img) from the download link above and rename it to twrp.img, then copy it into the same folder as the factory ROM.
- Open up the MTK Flash Tool and use the scatter loading button to select the scatter file for this device.
- Uncheck all partition boxes except for the RECOVERY partition.
- Click on the folder/filename path for RECOVERY, then browse to and select the twrp.img file.
- Click on the [Download] button in the MTK Flash Tool.
- Power off your device completely.
- Plug the device into the computer and wait for it to flash. If it fails to flash the first time, you may have to unplug the phone and click [Download] again. Try this a few times. If it still doesn't work, try a different USB port and USB cable.